Eleven business students at Youngstown State University and one at the University of Akron have been selected to participate in the Ohio Export Internship Program in the Williamson College of Business Administration at YSU.
The program, created by the Ohio Development Services Agency and offered at YSU, Ohio State University, Cleveland State University and the University of Dayton, matches students with an Ohio company for full-time paid summer internships to work on projects ranging from market research to international business plans.
In the seven years that YSU has hosted the program, 75 students have completed the program, 14 have received full-time job offers and 13 have passed the Certified Global Business Professional exam. Each year, students are formed into teams to complete real-life company projects with Ohio SBDC Export Assistance Network clients. In total, the YSU cohort has completed 25 company projects, either an International Business Plan or Export Compliance Manual.
Students selected for the internships completed specialized coursework in exporting this spring semester taught by Mousa Kassis, director of the Export Assistance Network in the Ohio Small Business Development Center at YSU.
This year’s participants are:
Youngstown State University
- Abraham Abdel Rasoul, a junior majoring in Financial Management with a minor in Marketing, is matched with Malco Products Inc.
- Emily Allegretti, a junior majoring in International Business, is matched with ACE Products & Consulting LLC.
- Sydney Cusick, a junior majoring in Marketing, is matched with E-Tint LLC.
- Mouad Elouaddi, a senior majoring in Finance with a minor in Marketing, is matched with Orazen Extruded Polymers Inc.
- Ilgar Guliyev, a junior majoring in Accounting, is matched with Daavlin Distributing Co.
- Bashar Rasoul, a senior majoring in Business Economics with a minor in International Business, is matched with Express Systems and Parts Network Inc.
- Cooper Smith, a senior majoring in Marketing Management with a minor in Fashion Merchandising, is matched with BriskHeat Inc.
- Cassandra Tomlin, a junior majoring in Management with a minor in Marketing, is matched with T.J. Davies Company Inc.
- Olivia Wilcox, a junior majoring in Business Administration with a minor in non-profit leadership, is matched with Brilex Tech Services Inc.
- Allison Workman, a senior majoring in Human Resource Management, is matched with Columbiana Boiler Company LLC.
- Hunter Ulbright, a senior majoring in Management with a focus in Supply Chain, is matched with Haltec Corporation.
University of Akron
- Alyson Pekkola, a senior majoring in International Business with a minor in Database Marketing and Spanish, is matched with Safeguard Technology.
For more information on the Ohio Export Internship Program, contact Kassis at YSU at 330-941-2415 or [email protected].