Night Shift Distributing
Apply for Job
The Night Shift Brewing VP of Marketing is the steward for our portfolio of brands. They are responsible for our brand’s identity, positioning, communications strategy, and programming at all levels of the company and across all marketing channels. They manage the company’s marketing team, setting short and long-term team objectives to meet brand, sales, and business goals. They are a creative, strategic thinker who will effectively oversee market research, product development and planning, creative implementation, and advertising functions for all aspects of our business. They will work cross-departmentally to ensure effective, collaborative success at every opportunity. Ultimately, their job is to build brand equity, drive sales velocity and growth at the organization.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Orchestrate integrated marketing campaigns (digital, DTC, and trade), analyze performance, and implement processes that enable the marketing team ensure sales pull across all sales channels
- Create and maintain a 360 degree marketing plan. From our DTC guest experience, to our social media, to our shelf talkers, to our taphandles, to everything else our brand touches – everything should communicate a unified, strategic, evolving message.
- Develop and execute an evolving marketing plan that increases brand/SKU awareness and loyalty on multiple levels: internal staff, distributor network, retail partners, media contacts, and consumers
- Develop brand positioning by understanding the consumer and competitor landscape, determining our core consumer targets and their buying practices, and developing actionable insights into those consumers.
- Lead the brand’s effort to engage and excite existing fans, while also broadening the brand’s reach by figuring out how to constantly engage new fans.
- Assemble consumer insights and brand positioning strategy as inputs into the creative process.
- Analyze and interpret data both internally and externally to create actionable insights that will positively impact sales growth and bottom-line profits
- Develop effective marketing plans, strategies, and tactics in each of our markets, including new markets.
- Lead the marketing team to produce distinctive, memorable, effective on-brand materials for all packaging, point-of-sale, and other promotional materials and communications.
- Lead development and execution of the annual brand plan, including budgets, timing, products, pricing, promo, events, goals, metrics, and overall strategy.
- Oversee our digital team and digital strategy (social, e-commerce, email marketing, etc.), ensuring our tactics are always meeting larger business and brand goals
- Oversee brand’s advertising (digital, print, and out-of home) and promotional efforts, ensuring that it is distinctive, effective, and engages target audiences
- Oversee company’s PR relationship – build and foster relationships with media and execute creative PR strategies; maximize brand exposure on both local and national levels; frequently act as the company’s spokesperson/voice
- Understand, leverage, and harness the power of our retail business (Taprooms + Owl’s Nest locations) to foster deeper consumer adoration for our brands. Utilize locations as a “test kitchen” to better inform future decision-making.
- Assess and create strategic business, community, and corporate partnerships and/or sponsorship
- Develop, evaluate, and grow marketing department as needed, assessing staff performance and implementing changes (coaching, terminating, hiring) as appropriate for continued, long-term success
- Communicate and embody the company vision, culture, and values.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent required.
- 15+ years of professional experience, including leadership roles in brand-marketing, and experience in key creative roles.
- Experience leading a Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) marketing function required
- Experience and knowledge of working in a 3-tier system preferred
- Experience managing a multi-dimensional operation
- Proven track record of successful brand creation and R&D oversight
- Ability to effectively interpret and action sales data and company P&Ls
- Experience managing a departmental budget
- Proven ability to manage and maximize external agency partnerships
- Knowledge and/or experience with creative merchandising and product portfolio development
- Proven ability to build and lead highly successful teams through a collaborative leadership style.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of successful digital marketing, social media (Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.), SEO, CRM software, web analytics, web design, and package/POS design
- Strong knowledge of the craft beverage industry, channels, operations, and product pricing
- Ability to lead change in an organization
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, and confidence toward adapting to the unique voice of Night Shift Brewing.
- Ability to manage competing priorities within a dynamic environment.
- Passion for Night Shift Brewing and the craft beverage business.
- Strategic mindset – you’re thinking big picture about what the business/brand will need in five years and how to get there
- Cutting-edge mentality – you’re always seeking to learn about and master the newest/best platforms, tools, analytics
- Creative, curious thinker – you take nothing at face value, think about problems differently, and are constantly asking questions
- Ability to teach – develop and grow a team of enthusiastic and willing marketers
- You carry a strong sense of grounded optimism, curiosity, and commitment to fun
- You are determined to collaborate, communicate, and succeed as a team
- You demonstrate trust, respect, and a drive for continuous self-improvement
- You work with a focused balance of urgency and patience
- Reports directly to the CEO
- As a member of the Leadership team, works closely with all other members
- Oversees and manages the the Marketing team
- Works closely with Creative Director
- Establish key relationships and connections with top distributors and retailers
About Night Shift
Night Shift Brewing started as a nocturnal hobby for three home-brewing obsessed friends in 2012 out of a small apartment kitchen in Somerville, MA. Since then, Night Shift has grown beyond our wildest dreams. From our state-of-the-art brewing space and Taproom in Everett, to our first restaurant endeavor at Lovejoy Wharf, to starting our own distributing company and beyond, the motto “craft better” is at the heart of everything we do. We aim to provide a wide variety of craft beverages – from beer to seltzer, wine, coffee, and other non-alcoholic beverages, we celebrate being a craft beverage provider where “all styles are welcome”.
Night Shift is proud to be an independent business that believes in putting out a great product while being a great place to work. Competitive salaries and incentive programs, generous benefits, and a progressive, supportive work environment awaits you!
Apply for Job