Avast is a software program that protects your computer from malware, internet threats, frauds, third-party messages, spam emails, and many more.
Moreover, the newer version of Avast anti-virus is beating its competitors because of its many customer-driven features.
However, as a user, you might not like AVAST much after installing as it might slow down their system. Therefore, they are looking for ways to uninstall Avast antivirus from their system.
There are some steps that we’ve summed up to tell you how to uninstall Avast? Well, focusing on those steps would require a better understanding of technology e.g. Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, etc.
This skill set will help you follow the steps quite easier. Let’s jump to the steps immediately:
Steps For How To Uninstall AVAST:
- Go to the user interface of Avast anti-virus and click on the menu button.
- A drop-down will appear, select settings from there.
- So now, a new window will appear which is settings, click on General from the left navigation panel, click on troubleshooting then from the sub-menu.
- Now, to turn off the self-defense mode you need to unmark the box beside Enable self-defense.
- Then you would be asked to confirm, a pop-up will appear, click on OK there.
- This way now you have disabled self-defense mode on the Avast user interface.
Upon following the step-by-step guide you will be able to uninstall Avast completely from your system.
You May Also Like: Best PS4 Keyboard & Mouse Adapters
Alternative Method To Uninstall AVAST From Your Device:
If the previous method has not worked for you then we recommend you give a try to this one. Make sure you complete each and every step.
- Go to the control panel on your PC or laptop.
- On the interface of the control panel, select programs, and features.
- In the programs and features section, go for Avast anti-virus, click on it and then click on the uninstall button on the top head of it.
- By clicking on the uninstall button, a configuration window will appear showing you multiple actions e.g. update, repair, modify and then there will be an uninstall button on the bottom of the screen. Click on that button to start Avast’s uninstallation process.
- You will be asked to confirm the uninstallation process, click yes there.
- Now, the uninstallation process has been started, it will take a few minutes to complete the status bar. Here all the files related to Avast anti-virus will be deleted escalated in your device.
- As the process of uninstallation completes, you will be asked to restart your device. Click on the restart button.
- After you restart your device, the Avast anti-virus is completely uninstalled from your device the process is ended.
We hope any of the above uninstalling methods will do the trick for you! Moreover, you get to know how to uninstall Avast next time!
Uninstalling AVAST anti-virus might make your system faster and more efficient. However, installing it will protect your device. So it’s completely up to you to make a decision about which options to go for.
Enjoy safe handling of your device with Avast anti-virus to keep it protected from external threats.