Heavy Seas Beer
Apply for this Job
Heavy Seas Beer is looking for an experienced Territory Sales Manager for the Norfolk, Tidewater area of Virginia to grow the volume, revenue, and awareness of the Heavy Seas brand.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for the sales and distribution of products for the Heavy Seas portfolio with our Southern Virginia distributors and a small portion of North Carolina. This position will also assist with any execution of national and regional chain accounts where Heavy Seas is distributed. The ideal candidate will be expected to build and leverage relationships to increase sales, distribution, market share, and brand awareness in assigned accounts and the distributor territory.
- Work alongside Distributor Sales Managers and Reps to increase our market distribution and sales in on and off-premise accounts and develop/maintain relationships with key accounts
- Gather and help process orders from each distributor, as well as track their inventory and sales to retailers
- Organize, promote and implement promotions, tastings, and displays in all types of accounts
- Manage the territory T&E budget, as well as the individual distributor marketing budgets
- Work directly with distributor management to promote brands and implement programming to drive revenue and gross profit.
- Monitor distributor inventory and shipments weekly.
- Manages and communicates shared strategies including pricing strategies, brand strategies, and go-to-market strategies.
- Conducts quarterly planning meetings with distributor partners to set goals for market execution.
Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A high-volume beer/wine sales experience is a plus.
- Must live in Tidewater.
- Strong knowledge of the three-tier alcoholic beverage distribution system, including full knowledge of promotional legalities.
- Ability to collaborate with distributors and fellow Heavy Seas employees.
- Passion and excitement for the craft beer industry.
- High tolerance for multi-tasking and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced execution environment.
- Must be self-motivated with a passion to win.
- Experience in customer service (either internal or external), strong project management skills, attention to detail, sense of urgency, and personal accountability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the capability to learn VIP.
- Travel required among the geography, approximately 60-70% of the time. Overnight travel is minimal.
- Occasional nights and weekends will be required.
- Must live within the territory’s footprint.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive craft beer industry salary, along with a commission.
- Health insurance after 60 days
- Paid holidays and vacation
- 401K plan
Resume and Coverletter with Salary Required to be considered for this position. Email your interest to [email protected]
Apply for this Job