Great South Bay Brewery
Apply for this Job
Brewery Management & Planning:
- Coordinate, process, and maintain wholesale orders as they are communicated with the GSB team.
- Work alongside ownership to prepare, and execute presentations to existing and potential partners/retailers.
- Work with warehouse manager to schedule and ensure on-time deliveries to customers.
- Maintain up-to-date brand registrations outside of NY, and crosscheck registrations against orders prior to shipment.
- Work with marketing manager to help create brand awareness.
- Present sales performance for all territories to GSB team during weekly meetings.
- Create and initiate pricing strategies based on market trends in accordance with ownership.
- Keep an eye on market trends, and work with GSB team to help continue to create innovative products.
Wholesaler Management & Planning:
- Interface with directors of wholesale distribution partners on a regular basis to develop market plans including: volume, distribution and goals by distributor and package.
- Forecast sales velocity of wholesale partners via VIP and/or Encompass, and use forecasts to report inventory needs to head brewer.
- Meet with wholesalers to develop of incentive programs, promotions, giveaways, etc. and keep records of program spends and results.
- Send weekly newsletters to current and potential wholesale partners.
- Establish and conduct regular sales meetings for distributor management and key sales personnel.
Market Development & Maintenance: Must be able to find new business by:
- Identifying and prioritizing opportunities to increase volume.
- Research and reach out to wholesalers to expand our distribution network.
- Visit key accounts within the territory to build and maintain relationships with buyers/decision-makers.
- Create and publish call reports for days in the field.
- Work with Major Chain (Wholesaler KAM departments) to gain authorizations by submitting NIF to the appropriate buyers.
- Search for Major Chain opportunities by having open communication with wholesale partners.
- Plan and arrange on and off premise events at accounts, and work with distributors to effectively promote the brands.
- Promptly reply to all emails and phone calls.
- Identify and participate in events and opportunities to showcase the brands, including but not limited to beer festivals and events focused on beer and food.
- Establish a plan prior to visiting a market, utilize sales reps, VIP information, and appropriate sales materials.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Understanding of current sales data and trends.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules. Frequent travel, weekend, and extended workdays may be necessary.
- Understanding of Encompass/VIP, and other data sources to evaluate GSB business and make recommendations to retailers, GSB, and distributors.
- Knowledge of SLA & TTB laws and regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals or forms and beverage industry data.
- Strong business planning skills.
- Knowledge of budget discipline, spending controls, and ability to maximize distributor and company resources.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leadership and management skills with the ability to delegate and direct to meet and exceed results.
- Team player with ability to develop people.
- Creative with a strong vision.
- Possess customer orientation and ability to build strong relationships with all levels of the 3-tier including but not limited to brewery management and personnel, distributor management and principals, and key account and chain buyers.
- Ability to follow specific directions and manage objectives with minimal supervision.
Apply for this Job