James Mull is the owner & founder at htmull, an international digital marketing and web design agency with clients across all industries.
A website is your 24/7 salesperson when your brick and mortar store draws the shutters. It’s there to give your customers information around the clock and allow them to purchase products conveniently from anywhere, at anytime. An optimized website and a well-structured digital strategy is vital to your growth and long-term success. As a disclosure, my company htmull is a provider of digital marketing and web design solutions.
Business owners should remember that what you put in is what you get out. A poorly structured digital marketing plan will result in a low success rate. Taking the time to analyze your intended audience or cusotmer is vital to a successful strategy. Also keep in mind that although your strategy isn’t yielding results early on, analyzing your data can help you pivot your strategy.
Here are seven reasons you should invest in your website and digital marketing strategy.
1. An optimized SEO strategy can promote organic growth.
SEO stands for search engine optimization and is the process of ranking your website at the top of internet searches. SEO is achieved by having an optimized and well-structured website for the desired keywords and phrases relevant to your business.
Effective SEO efforts also assist in efficiently crawling and re-indexing your company’s website on search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Ecosia, etc. This helps you attain better rankings and fend off your rivals.
Without a website for your business, you are missing out on the opportunity for organic growth and exposure for your business.
2. You can utilize your website to tell your story.
A well-designed website can help attract your target audience and give them a place to learn more about your company and share your story, mission, products and services with the world. By using SEO techniques, you can ensure your website appears higher in search engine results, making it easier for potential customers to find you. You can also use social media to promote your website and connect with potential customers or clients. A digital marketing strategy can help you reach a wider audience and tell your story in a way that is both engaging and effective.
3. A good website and digital marketing strategy can help feed the rest of your marketing channels.
Content is the best tool to invest in a solid digital marketing strategy, as there are a variety of ways to repurpose it. For example, you may create a blog post and make a podcast on the same topic. This content could help you run an email marketing campaign. All those marketing channels drive traffic back to your site with the potential to convert.
Staying on track with content creation for your social media can be a huge hassle. By generating strong, quality content, you can reshare your message across social media without ever having to worry about new ideas. Social media is highly vital to the overall success of your business for many reasons.
• It can help widen the reach of your company’s content.
• It can share your company story and your business values effectively.
• Social media boosts engagement with your clients.
• Search engine results can allow you to easily display your online business profiles, helping more people understand what you mainly do as well as showing your location.
4. A digital presence creates brand awareness.
Having a good website and an active social media profile can significantly help prospects discover and learn about your business. Organic SEO will drive traffic to your site, resulting in an increase in brand recognition.
5. They might be the key to helping you win the social search game.
Your customers usually research your business before buying from you or hiring your services. Today, this search might occur not only on a search engine like Google, but also platforms like YouTube, which allow users to perform searches about their favorite brands.
An effective digital marketing strategy will help you win at social media searches if you:
• Include an active profile on all social media content.
• Determine channels your target audience uses regularly.
• Ensure you do not have an abandoned profile.
• Update your content regularly with engaging, relevant content for the target audience to visit the website and learn more.
• Use all the available fields to share your brand story and include links to help your business stand out.
• Always try to have consistent branding in your social media content and site.
• Leverage keywords and hashtags to improve your visibility.
6. Customer reviews can prove invaluable.
Reviews not only have the potential to positively impact consumer decisions, they can also improve your company’s credibility. That’s why they are another great tool to utilize for feedback on your products or services. You can get reviews from popular review platforms, including Yelp, Google Business Reviews, Facebook, Trip Advisor or even an API embedded on your website. Product and service reviews are other great ways to improve SEO.
7. Your website and digital marketing strategy can help boost customer engagement.
Having direct interaction with your customers is crucial for driving sales, and social media provides the perfect platform in which to do this without investing in additional software. This results in many benefits to customer engagement.
• You can observe your customers’ interests through public social profiles.
• You can earn positive comments and re-share them as posts.
• You can address negative feedback before those comments become SEO-impacting reviews.
• You can gain insights into what you can do better, then improve your product for better sales.
• You can use hashtags and DMs to encourage user-generated content that is often more convincing.
• You can partner with industry influencers to boost your authority, following, credibility and sales.
Are you ready to make the leap?
Investing in a website and structured digital marketing strategy is vital to your company’s success. It can positively impact your business’ growth, brand recognition, credibility, ease of access and customer satisfaction.